Video Surveillance for Your Home
NorthStar Security is ready to assist you with the design of a cost-effective video surveillance system for your home. The cost of a high-resolution camera / hard drive recorder based system has dropped dramatically over the past few years. We are seeing more and more homeowners install systems that only large businesses could afford before.
We are constantly evaluating camera distributors and suppliers in an effort to provide you with the highest quality equipment at the lowest prices. Give us a call - we think you will be surprised at how affordable a security camera system can be.
Here are some tips you should know before you install your Home Security Camera System:
CCTV systems consist of the following components:
- A DVR (digital video recorder)
- 1-16 cameras per DVR unit
- Appropriate cables and connectors
- A High-speed Internet and a static IP address are preferred for Remote Access (usually a free option from your Internet provider)
Features / Optional Equipment:
- 250GB to 1TB hard drives that store anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months of video
- Continuous recording, alarm activated recording, or motion activated recording settings
- Remote access - view video from anywhere in the world
- PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) cameras with joystick type control available
- All-in-one 17" LCD monitor with built in 4, 9, or 16 channel camera capability, saves space and is very user friendly (great for residential applications) PC Based DVR systems
Things to look for when shopping for a CCTV system:
You should always use a reliable and tested brand. The DVR will be the backbone of your surveillance system and, as we say with all CCTV equipment, you want to look for value, not necessarily only for cheapest price. Price is very important, but you want the unit to last and provide a reliable source of evidence in the event that the video is needed. We think you will find that our time spent on product research reflects the best price/value combination of any local company.